Mac Studio Fix Fluid First Impressions


This is my first ever high end foundation. I don't have very many high end products and what I do have I am in love with. I made a list in the back of my planner of high end makeup that I've been wanting for a long time and hope to get this year. I originally went to Mac to get the Velvet Teddy lipstick but that was out of stock so I decided that I would get matched to studio fix fluid. 

The reason that I wanted this specific foundation was because I've heard so many people talk about how much they love it and the amazing full coverage flawless look that it gives. The women at Mac matched me to NC20 and I used it for the first time yesterday and I had a different opinion at the beginning than I did afterwards.

I used a beauty blender (dupe) sponge to apply it and I immediately got scared as it was darker than my skin tone. After I applied it to my entire face it did actually match my neck and I weren't as worried to go out in public. After it was all applied and blended in I noticed that the finish wasn't exactly what I expected. It looked very thick and cakey and I was considering taking it off and using a different foundation but I decided not too and I left it to work it's magic.

I finished the rest of my makeup and once I had finished the foundation looked flawless. It is definitely one of those foundations that if you applied powder to immediately afterwards and finished your face makeup then it might not look as good than if you left it to sink in and settle.

I applied this at about 11am and I went shopping, to my granddads then out for a meal and I didn't take it off until about 9 in the evening. Overall I had the foundation on for about 10-11 hours. This foundation did not budge, go patchy or start to separate throughout the day at all. It looked just the same in the evening than it did in the morning when I first applied it. 

I would 100% recommend this foundation for anyone. I have normal to dry skin and this complements my skin but if you have really dry or really oily skin then you might have to wear a long lasting primer or powder. However the only thing that I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump and it is quite hard to get out but you can purchase a pump from Mac for their foundations.

xoxo
Lea-Mai

1 comment